21st Century Advanced Manufacturing
21st Century Advanced Manufacturing is clean & lean.
Manufacturing in today's global economy focuses on creating products that are affordable, reliable and sustainable. It applies cutting-edge concepts in electronics, computers, software and automation to improve and enhance production in all areas, including design, control, fabrication, and assembly.
Advanced Manufacturing designs and builds the products we use every day - from cars and computers to MRI machines and medications.
Click here to explore regional career profiles and job opportuntities.
Technologies within 21st Century Manufacturing
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Computer-aided engineering (CAE)
- Computer-integrated manufacturing (CIM) systems
- Automated materials handling systems
- Electronic data interchange (EDI)
- Flexible manufacturing systems
- Group technology